This bracelet is braided using two different colours of cotton cord. A decorative novelty button is used as a fastener.
1. Cut a 150cm long piece of yellow cotton cord, double it over, having threaded on the novelty button so it is in the middle.
2. Cut a 580cm long piece of blue cotton cord. Double it over to find the middle and then roll each end onto a piece of card to keep it in order and out of the way.
3. Place the blue cord underneath the yellow cord, making sure that there are two equal length ends on either side of the yellow doubled over cord in the middle.
4. Pass the outer blue cord (on the right) over the first yellow middle cord (on the right) and then under the other yellow middle cord (on the left).
5. Pass the outer blue left cord over the first yellow middle cord (on the left) and then under the other yellow middle cord (on the right).
6. Tighten by pulling both long cords and continue the procedure explained in paragraphs 4 and 5 until the desired length of the bracelet is reached.
7. Finish with a knot, a space for the decorative novelty button (fastener) and then another knot.