These bracelets are made by braiding satin cords using a simple technique. The fastening is made using plastic beads in contrasting colours.
1. Cut two pieces of satin cord; one measuring 60cm and the other 150cm. Double over the short piece of satin cord and attach it to a macramé board. Place the long piece of satin cord behind the doubled over satin cord; making sure that there are two equal length ends on either side of the short doubled over cord in the middle.
2. Pass the outer long left cord over the first of the middle cords and then under the other middle cord.
3. Pass the outer long right cord over the first of the middle cords and then under the other middle cord.
4. Tighten by pulling both long cords and continue this procedure until the desired length of the bracelet is reached.
5. Cut off the excess ends approx. 5cm from the braided section.
6. Feed the four cord ends through a bead.
7. Brush some glue onto the end of the bracelet where you wish to attach the bead and pull the bead in place.
8. Cut off the excess cord ends.
The bracelet's fastening mechanism.
The bracelet is fastened with a bead.