These bracelets are made by braiding leather cords using a simple technique. The fastening is made using a link button.
1. Cut two pieces of leather cord; one measuring 60cm and the other measuring 200cm. Double over the short piece of leather cord.
2. Attach the doubled over piece of leather cord onto a macramé board. Place the long piece of leather cord behind the doubled over piece of leather cord; making sure that there are two equal length ends on either side of the short doubled over leather cord in the middle.
3. Pass the outer long left cord over the first of the middle cords and then under the other middle cord.
4. Pass the outer long right cord over the first of the middle cords and then under the other middle cord. Tighten by pulling both long cords.
5. Continue this procedure. The left leather cord under and over etc. until the desired length of the bracelet is reached. Don't forget the fastening with the button.
6. Cut off the excess ends approx. 1cm from the braided section.
7. Feed the four cord ends through the link button.
8. Brush some glue onto the end of the bracelet where you wish to attach the link button.
9. Pull the link button in place; i.e. onto the area where the glue has been applied.
10. Cut off the excess cord ends.