These round wood chip boxes are painted with blackboard paint in different colours. Text is written with chalk.
1. Apply two or three (or more if necessary) coats of coloured blackboard paint to the wood chip box.
2. When the paint is dry, use masking tape to create a square for painting.
3. Paint the masked square with black blackboard paint. Always paint from just outside the square (starting on the masking tape itself) towards the middle. Make sure to paint thoroughly so you will only need one coat.
4. Carefully remove the masking tape whilst the paint is still wet.
5. When the paint is completely dry, write text with chalkboard chalk. You may sharpen the chalk, making it easy to write.