Elastic beading cord is the direct path to success. It is easy to use and the result is stunning. Even if you do not know the circumference of the wrist of the person for whom the bracelet is intended, you can easily make a bracelet that fits. It is quick and easy to put on and take off the bracelet and therefore a good chance that it will become a favourite piece of jewellery. Elastic beading cord is available in various thicknesses, but basically choose as thick a cord that can go through the hole of the bead.
1. Thread the bead onto a piece of beading cord, attach a peg or a clip on the end to prevent the beads from falling off.
2. Tie a double or triple reef knot.
3. Pull the beading wire apart to either side to tighten the knot. When you let go, the elastic locks itself.
4. A TIP: Apply a small blob of instant glue onto the knot, just for safety's sake.
5. Cut off the excess beading cord. Hide the knot inside the last bead.