This lovely scarf is made from cotton gauze with a wrinkled effect and charms from guineau fowl feathers, beads and metal charm feathers.
1. Cut a piece of cotton gauze measuring 2.40m and place it in the sewing machine.
2. Sew a section of three lanes of gathering stitches across the width of the scarf – each section must be 40cm apart. Gather the lanes so the width measures 30cm. Tie a knot and cut off the excess thread.
3. Cut a piece of silver-plaited wire measuring 80cm and attach a metal charm feather, four beads and a wax bead.
4. Attach two guineau fowl feathers with the small pendant.
5. Twist the feathers together with a piece of silver-plaited wire.
6. Glue on an end cap with a loop using instant glue.
7. The finished charm.
8. Pull the end corner of the scarf through the loop of the little charm.
9. Tie a simple knot.