Polystyrene balls are covered with decoupage paper and varnished. The attached striped cotton string with wooden beads is used for hanging.
1. Cut out two identical designs from the sheet of decoupage paper. Cut two notches at the top and at the bottom.
2. Glue these onto the polystyrene ball with decoupage lacquer. Apply the lacquer along the moulding line in the middle of the polystyrene ball and smooth out the paper using a brush.
3. Cut a long continuous piece of patterned paper with notches on one side. Rotate the long piece of paper as it is glued onto the ball. Varnish the baubles twice with the decoupage lacquer. Wooden beads are threaded onto striped cotton string which is glued into the hole at the top of the bauble.
4. Varnish the baubles twice with the decoupage lacquer.
5. Double over the piece of striped cotton string and thread it through a wooden bead.
6. Glue the string into the hole at the top of the bauble.