This ring is made completely from scratch with silver-plated wire on a ring stick. A ring can be decorated either by 'sewing' on beads with a thin silver-plated wire or by putting beads onto head pins and attaching them to the ring like little pendants. You may use a ring which is made completely from scratch or one that is already shaped.
1. Measure the appropriate ring size using the ring sizer.
2. The size can be found on the ring stick.
3. Wrap the silver-plated wire tightly around the ring stick at the correct size number.
4. Let the two ends overlap and then wrap the ends around the ring. This now forms the bottom of the ring.
5. Use a new piece of silver-plated wire to wrap along the top of the ring towards the middle and bend it straight upwards. Use another piece of silver-plated wire to wrap along the top of the ring and towards the middle. Wrap the end around the piece which is bent upwards.
6. Put the bead onto the stalk.
7. Use the tip of round nose pliers to twist the wire forming a coil. Nip off the end.
Sew beads onto a ring
1. Fasten the wire in the sieve disc.
2. Thread the beads onto the wire 1 – 2 – 3 at the time whilst “sewing” up and down through the holes of the sieve disc – and around the ring.
Decorate a ring
1. Put small beads onto head pins and bend them a little to one side and cut off leaving approx. 1cm of the head pin.
2. Twist to form a loop which is not to be closed completely. Use round nose pliers.
3. Attach the loop from the headpin onto the loop on the ring. Now close it completely. Attach three pendants to each loop.